Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Review: Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey


5 Stars!!!
If you know me at all then you probably know that I am a HUGE fan of Dani Pettrey's books! I adored her Alaskan Courage series from page one of Submerged all the way through the epilogue of Sabotaged! So I was incredibly excited to read her newest release, Cold Shot was one of my most anticipated books of 2016 and I can say that I was not disappointed in the slightest, I absolutely LOVED Cold Shot! 
Griffin and Finley were such awesome main characters, Griffin's intense protectiveness of the people he cared about totally made me melt! I loved how Finley never stopped fighting for the truth even when it technically wasn't a part of her job any longer, she was a true inspiration! The suspense in this book was SO good, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, never knowing what would happen next! Dani Pettrey writes a mean mystery, for most of Cold Shot I had no clue who was behind it all and what their motivation was, it completely kept me guessing and I loved that! 
I also really liked Griffin's friends Declan and Parker, I can't wait to read their stories as the series progresses. 
One of the things I love about fiction is how it lets me live vicariously through the characters' adventures and experience things and places that I would probably never get to do or see in real life, such was the case with Cold Shot. I don't think I've ever read a book that was set in the Chesapeake Bay Area before, I loved learning about that area of the country, Ms. Pettrey detailed the surroundings beautifully (I felt like I was really there!) it was obvious how much she loves the area she calls home, and I can't wait to learn even more about it in the future books of the series! 
And last but most definitely not least, I always feel like Ms. Pettrey's books draw me closer to God and Cold Shot was no exception. I could feel God speaking to me through Dani's writing, telling me exactly what I needed to hear right now. Every time I read one of Dani's books it feels like God is smiling at me. 
I don't want to risk spoiling anything so I will finish by saying that I  absolutely and completely adored Cold Shot, it has a permanent spot on my keeper shelf, and it is an absolute MUST read! I can't wait for the next book in the Chesapeake Valor series and I am so beyond excited for Dani's contribution to the Sins of the Past novella collection which releases in May 2016!



A big thank you to Dani Pettrey and Bethany House publishers for sending me influencer and review copies of this book in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are one hundred percent my own

No comments:

Post a Comment